Car Accident Lawyer Kitchener
Car Accident? Slip & Fall? Personal Injury?
7 Reasons Why You Should Seek the Advice of a Personal Injury Lawyer to Advance Your Claims
Although the law does not demand that you hire a car accident lawyer following a collision, there are several reasons why you should hire a lawyer experienced to handle your claim in Kitchener, to help you navigate through the complex claim process.
At Grillo Law, we have over 30-year experience in call accident claims, in which period we have successfully handled and prosecuted over 15,000 claims.
Request a FREE
Request a FREE
1. Filing the claim
We will assist you to file your Statement of Claim at the Superior Court of Justice. Your lawyer will assist you to get all the documentation that your insurance agent, broker, or company representative will ask for. It is important that you have a lawyer to provide this information because the evidence you gather is what will help determine not only how much you will get in compensation, but also whether you are entitled to compensation under the law in the first place. Some of this information and evidence includes:
- The auto insurance policy number and the name of the owner of the insured vehicle
- The make, model, year, license plate, and registration number of the vehicle
- Details of the accident such as the license plate and the registration number of the other vehicle/s, the name of the other driver, the insurance company of the other driver and his/her auto insurance policy number, the date, time, and location of the accident, the number of passengers involved, the injuries suffered and the persons who suffered the injuries, and the extent of damage to the vehicles and to other property
- A description of the circumstances leading to the accident
- The name and the badge number of the police officer who did investigations (if the accident was reported to the police)
- Medical clinical notes records and reports
- Diagnostic Imaging reports
- Medical expert reports
- Engineering analysis
- Accounting and lost income reports
- Future care analysis and reports
2. Determining what is in your policy
Your lawyer will assist you in the actual claim process. Not many people go through their Ontario Automobile Policy (OAP 1), meaning they do not know the specific details about their coverage, their rights, and their responsibilities under the contract. Our lawyers will go through your policy to ensure the responding auto insurers pay you the lost wages and complete set of accident and recovery benefits you are entitled to, in addition to your damages for injuries for pain and suffering and payment for losses and expenses that may be incurred in the future.
3. Dealing with the claims adjuster
Once you have reported your claim, you will be contacted by the claims adjuster who is assigned to your file. The meeting can be in person or on phone. Whichever the case, we will be by your side helping you navigate through the meeting and legal process.
4. Assistance with fault assessment
Your insurance company will determine the degree of the fault to be assigned to each driver, which will inform the company’s decision on which property damage coverages apply and the adjustment of the premiums. Fault assessment is covered under the Insurance Act, specifically the Fault Determination Rules under the Insurance Act. A different set of legal criteria are used in civil court when advancing a tort claim for pain and suffering, which will require proof of fault based on reasonable and probable grounds.
Once degree of the fault has been assigned to you, we will go through the facts of the case to determine if this is correct. If it is not, we will pass our reservation to the insurance company and advance your claim through the litigation process.
5. Fighting low car insurance claim settlements
Insurance companies are in business and they will try to pay out as little as they can. We will be by your side to ensure you get what you deserve under the full ambit of the law. We will take all necessary action if we feel you are not getting a fair deal, through out-of-court settlement or through trial.
6. Notifying the other driver of the claim
The law requires that you notify the insurance company of the other driver if you expect a claim from the company. You are also required to notify the other driver of any claim against them. We will assist you with ever step of the process.
7. Time to recover from injuries
Hiring a personal injury lawyer who is able to handle your claim in Kitchener and assist you in the claim process will allow you to focus on your rehabilitation and recovery, while the claim and litigation takes its course.
If you would like to speak to one of our lawyers, you can contact us on (416) 614-6000 for a free consultation. We work on a contingency meaning that we will not charge you until and unless we win your case.