Chronic Pain Lawyer Toronto
Proper legal advice will ensure that your rights are being protected
Call Grillo Law for a FREE consultation regarding your knee injury claim.
Remember, you will not pay any fees until your case is won or settled.
Request a FREE
Qualified Chronic Pain Lawyer in Toronto
Chronic pain claims are some of the hardest to pursue. To start with, since chronic pain is only considered a symptom (and not a condition) it can only be diagnosed by analysing the patient’s reports, which may sometimes be inaccurate. At Grillo Law, we are happy to discuss your situation if you suffer chronic pain as a result of an accident that was caused by someone’s negligent actions. Our catastrophic injury lawyer in Toronto can meet with you for a free consultation to discuss your case and guide you on the available legal options.
Chronic pain has several harmful consequences including:
- Mental issues: Research shows that people living with chronic pain are more likely to develop psychological disorders and are at a higher risk of suicide than those without chronic pain.
- Impact on sleep: Patients living with chronic pain experience high levels of sleep disturbance which is directly related to the severity of the pain.
- Impaired sexual function: Chronic pain patients experience issues such as fear of worsening pain or fatigue that may result in sexual dysfunction.
- High medical costs: Managing chronic pain is costly. It is estimated that millions of dollars are spent on chronic pain every year in Canada.
- Quality of life: Individuals living with chronic pain are said to have a poorer quality of life than those suffering from chronic illnesses like heart disease.
- Health risks: When left untreated, chronic pain can result in health issues such as immune dysfunction and increased morbidity.
Possible Forms of Compensation for Chronic Pain
You need proper medical care to treat and manage chronic pain. This condition can affect your ability to work and continue with your social life as you did before the injury. You can approach our chronic pain lawyer in Toronto to help you file a claim. The different forms of compensation that you may qualify for include:
- Disability benefits: You may be entitled to long- or short-term disability benefits if your chronic pain is as a result of an injury that has rendered you disabled.
- Accident benefits: If involved in a car accident and the injuries resulted in chronic pain, you may qualify for accident benefits.
- Tort/negligence claims: Chronic pain can also be as a result of another party’s negligent action. You may pursue a personal injury lawsuit and receive compensation for your pain and suffering among other losses.
- Workers compensation benefits: If your chronic pain is as a result of work-related activity, you may apply for workplace benefits offered by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board.
At Grillo Law, we take time to understand the specifics of your case before recommending the best legal options. We know that chronic pain can be exceptionally hard to prove to insurance companies, but our lawyers come with the experience and skill to fight your case and ensure you get fair compensation. We are sympathetic to chronic pain sufferers and will do our best to ensure you receive the benefits you’re entitled to.
Call Grillo Law for a FREE consultation.
Remember, you will not pay any fee until your case is won or settled.
Additional Articles About Accident Benefits
Examination for discovery is a critical and important part of the litigation process. Parties will provide testimony that is given before a court reporter.
It is highly recommended to choose an experienced law firm like Grillo Law, as we can advocate on your behalf and arrive at a settlement that is right for you and your family.
When a car accident occurs, one of the most common injuries is whiplash. Although most whiplash injuries occur in rear-end car collisions…
When filing a personal injury lawsuit, the claimant – who is the injured party, may have contributed to the occurrence or seriousness of the accident.